Stone Town and Prison Island from Zanzibar
Lowest Price Guarantee
up to 24 hours in advance
5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Tour Zanzibar's UNESCO-listed historic district and premiere natural attraction on this tour to Stone Town and Prison Island. Learn about the current culture and history in Stone Town as you walk past its attractions, including a Portuguese fort, the Sultan Palace, and the birthplace of Freddie Mercury, before continuing your tour to Prison Island, famous for its population of giant tortoises.
- Tour of Stone Town and Prison Island from Zanzibar
- See the historic attractions of Zanzibar's UNESCO-listed downtown
- Learn about the long history and many cultural influences that created Stone Town as it is today
- Visit the giant tortoise colony on Prison Island
- National park fees included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Hotel pickup and drop-off
National Park fees
Professional art historian guide
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please let us know where are you staying?
- Kisauni Airport, Tanzania
- Unnamed Rd, Town,, Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Bookings Central Tours Safari
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Stone Town and Prison Island from Zanzibar?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Stone Town and Prison Island from Zanzibar?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Stone Town and Prison Island from Zanzibar?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Stone Town and Prison Island from Zanzibar?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "A very choppy but enjoyable 30mins ride out to prison island." See review
Product code: 40425P4
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsFood ToursBus ToursArchaeology ToursWater ToursMarketsPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingZanzibarShore Excursions - Zanzibar CityFood Tours - Zanzibar CityBus Tours - Zanzibar CityArchaeology Tours - Zanzibar CityWater Tours - Zanzibar CityMarkets - Zanzibar CityPorts of Call Tours - Zanzibar CityHistorical Tours - Zanzibar CityHalf-day Tours - Zanzibar CityShore Excursions - KilimanjaroFood Tours - KilimanjaroBus Tours - KilimanjaroArchaeology Tours - KilimanjaroWater Tours - KilimanjaroMarkets - KilimanjaroPorts of Call Tours - KilimanjaroHistorical Tours - KilimanjaroHalf-day Tours - KilimanjaroShore Excursions - MahéFood Tours - MahéBus Tours - MahéArchaeology Tours - MahéWater Tours - MahéMarkets - MahéPorts of Call Tours - MahéHistorical Tours - MahéHalf-day Tours - MahéCategory