5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Tour Zanzibar's UNESCO-listed historic district and premiere natural attraction on this tour to Stone Town and Prison Island. Learn about the current culture and history in Stone Town as you walk past its attractions, including a Portuguese fort, the Sultan Palace, and the birthplace of Freddie Mercury, before continuing your tour to Prison Island, famous for its population of giant tortoises.
- Tour of Stone Town and Prison Island from Zanzibar
- See the historic attractions of Zanzibar's UNESCO-listed downtown
- Learn about the long history and many cultural influences that created Stone Town as it is today
- Visit the giant tortoise colony on Prison Island
- National park fees included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
National Park fees
Professional art historian guide
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please let us know where are you staying?
- Kisauni Airport, Tanzania
- Zanzibar port, R5VV+F3H, Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Bookings Central Tours Safari
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Stone Town and Prison Island from Zanzibar?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Compare Similar Experiences
Stone Town and Prison Island from Zanzibar
2 hours 5 minutes
1 hour 25 minutes
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsFood ToursBus ToursArchaeology ToursWater ToursMarketsPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingZanzibarShore Excursions - Zanzibar CityFood Tours - Zanzibar CityBus Tours - Zanzibar CityArchaeology Tours - Zanzibar CityWater Tours - Zanzibar CityMarkets - Zanzibar CityPorts of Call Tours - Zanzibar CityHistorical Tours - Zanzibar CityHalf-day Tours - Zanzibar CityShore Excursions - KilimanjaroFood Tours - KilimanjaroBus Tours - KilimanjaroArchaeology Tours - KilimanjaroWater Tours - KilimanjaroMarkets - KilimanjaroPorts of Call Tours - KilimanjaroHistorical Tours - KilimanjaroHalf-day Tours - KilimanjaroShore Excursions - MaheFood Tours - MaheBus Tours - MaheArchaeology Tours - MaheWater Tours - MaheMarkets - MahePorts of Call Tours - MaheHistorical Tours - MaheHalf-day Tours - MaheCategory