3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
See the giant land tortoises of Prison Island, or Changuu Island, on a half-day trip from Zanzibar, with time to swim, snorkel, and sunbathe. Just a 30-minute boat ride from Stone Town, Prison Island has a beautiful beach, clean water, and fascinating history as a yellow fever quarantine station. Both morning and afternoon departures to Prison Island are available, and the trip includes hotel transfers and all entrance fees.
- Visit a pristine island that's close to Stone Town
- See giant land tortoises once brought from the Seychelles
- Swim from a clean beach with clear water
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Bring towels and swimming suit
- Snorkeling gear will be available
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY ARP Travel Group
You can cancel up to 4 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Prison Island Half-Day Tour from Zanzibar?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Prison Island Half-Day Tour from Zanzibar?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Prison Island Half-Day Tour from Zanzibar?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Prison Island Half-Day Tour from Zanzibar?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Prison Island Half-Day Tour from Zanzibar
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursKid FriendlyPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingZanzibarWalking Tours - Zanzibar CityHalf-day Tours - Zanzibar CityWalking Tours - KilimanjaroHalf-day Tours - KilimanjaroWalking Tours - MaheHalf-day Tours - MaheCategory