Prison Island Half-Day Tour from Zanzibar
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
See the giant land tortoises of Prison Island, or Changuu Island, on a half-day trip from Zanzibar, with time to swim, snorkel, and sunbathe. Just a 30-minute boat ride from Stone Town, Prison Island has a beautiful beach, clean water, and fascinating history as a yellow fever quarantine station. Both morning and afternoon departures to Prison Island are available, and the trip includes hotel transfers and all entrance fees.
- Visit a pristine island that's close to Stone Town
- See giant land tortoises once brought from the Seychelles
- Swim from a clean beach with clear water
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Kisauni Airport, Tanzania
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Bring towels and swimming suit
- Snorkeling gear will be available
- OPERATED BY ARP Travel Group
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 38194P23
Explore Similar Things to Do
Half-day ToursKid FriendlyTours & SightseeingZanzibarHalf-day Tours - Zanzibar CityHalf-day Tours - KilimanjaroHalf-day Tours - MahéCategory