- St Petersburg speedboat adventure
- Captain your own speedboat on a guided and narrated tour
- Zoom through Tampa Bay
- Pass by national wildlife refuges and the historic Fort De Soto Park
Departure & Return
Walk to the left side of the Pass a Grille Marina building and out onto the dock.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
With that out of the way, it’s time to have some fun in what’s known as the Tampa Triangle, which runs from Fort DeSoto to Egmont Key and the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.
Hop in an F-13 mini speedboat and put that throttle down — carefully, of course. The guide will provide an introduction to the beautiful Florida coastline while traveling past islands, national wildlife refuges and the historic St. Pete's beach, which covers over 1,000 acres (405 hectares) on five interconnected islands, or keys. Make several stops along the way at various points of interest.
Check out the stunning Florida coastline and look for pods of dolphins, manatees, gopher tortoises, sea birds and other wildlife swimming below or gliding down and around from above. Watch out for a 15-foot (4.5 meters) hammerhead shark the locals call Old Hitler. He has a mouth full of hooks because nobody can catch him.
Switch up the drivers during the stops, and continue your thrilling adventure!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for people with neck or back problems or a recent surgery to participate. Pregnant women should not participate.
- Bring a swimsuit in the summer and a jacket in the winter, sandals or flip-flops, towel, sun block, sunglasses
- The per-boat weight limit is 425 lbs (192kgs).
- You must be 18 years or older to drive a boat by yourself
- The boats do not have a storage compartment; bags can get wet
- No experience or boating license required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Speed Boat Adventures, Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff