Explore our promoted experiences
- Urban hiking tour of San Francisco
- Climb the city’s famous hills and take in fantastic views on this strenuous 3-hour walking tour
- Ascend Telegraph Hill to Coit Tower, walk up Lombard Street and stroll through North Beach
- Visit lesser-known cultural landmarks and hidden lookouts
- Get an excellent workout climbing numerous staircases!
- Choice of morning or afternoon departures
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Levi's Plaza Park, corner of Battery and Filbert streets Directions: BY MUNI (light rail): • F Line to Embarcadero and Greenwich station • Head southwest through Levi Plaza until you reach Filbert Street and BatteryBY BUS: • Bus line 82X to Battery and Filbert • Or bus lines 2, 4, 8, 18, 24, 27, 38, 44, 54, 56, 58, 72, 72X, 74, 76 to Sansome Street and Filbert. Then, head south on Sansome Street. Turn left onto Filbert Street and take a 5-minute walk to Battery Street
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Atop Telegraph Hill is the 210-foot-tall Coit Tower, an art deco monument and one of San Francisco’s most iconic landmarks. Climb to the top, savoring unprecedented views of the city itself, the Golden Gate and Bay bridges and Alcatraz Island.
Next, ascend a hidden staircase to Jack Early Park—a tiny lookout offering superb views of Alcatraz and Pier 39—before heading toward San Francisco’s Russian Hill neighborhood. Getting here requires a steep walk up Lombard Street, one of the city’s best known streets due to its unusual crooked section.
As you hike, climb and take in the views, your tour guide will share bits of local history and take you past some fun pop culture landmarks such as Macondray Lane, author Armistead Maupin’s inspiration for Barbary Lane in his Tales of the City novels.
Lastly it’s off to North Beach, San Francisco’s lively Italian neighborhood. Explore its alleyways and learn about its interesting past before returning to your starting point via a stroll down the Greenwich Street Stairs.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to the distance and intensity of the hike, this tour is not recommended for children 12 years and younger
- Tour runs rain or shine. If it is raining and you would prefer not to attend, you may reschedule or request a refund
- Comfortable shoes or hiking boots and dressing in layers is recommended
- Bringing water is recommended
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Hiker SF
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience