3 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
The winter months in Reykjavik are the perfect time to spot the Northern Lights. During this midnight adventure, taking place between September 1st and April 15th, journey to the perfect place to see the Aurora Borealis, and learn about this beautiful phenomenon from your guide. Your guide also captures the colorful night sky so you don't have to fuss around with your own camera or a professional photographer.
- Search for the northern lights from September to April
- Stay comfortable during your drive in a climate-controlled vehicle
- Learn about the solar phenomenon from your guide
- This Reykjavik midnight adventure includes hotel pickup and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Coffee and/or Tea
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick-up at all Bus-stops down town Reykjavík as well as all hotels and guesthouses in the Capital area of Reykjavík, Hafnarfjörður, Garðabær, Álftanes, Kópavogur and ZipCode 270 Mosefellsbær.
General pick-up time is between 8:30pm and 9:00pm. At approximately 6pm on the evening of the tour we will email you to confirm your pick-up place and time.
Your pick-up place will depend on the location of your accommodation:
1. If you are staying within the Reykjavik City Restricted Area, we will pick you up at one of the designated bus stops. When you notify us of your accommodation, we will let you know which bus stop is the closest one to you.
2. If you are staying outside of the restricted area, we will pick you up at your accommodation.
In the email we will also give you a more accurate pick-up time (+/- 5 minutes) so that you won’t have to stay out in the cold for too long while waiting for the tour bus.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Iceland everywhere tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Northern Lights Midnight Adventure from Reykjavík?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Northern Lights Midnight Adventure from Reykjavík?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Northern Lights Midnight Adventure from Reykjavík?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Northern Lights Midnight Adventure from Reykjavík
3 to 5 hours
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHalf-day ToursTours & SightseeingReykjavikBus Tours - VikHalf-day Tours - VikBus Tours - SkaftafellHalf-day Tours - SkaftafellBus Tours - South IcelandHalf-day Tours - South IcelandCategory
Hofdi House Tours & TicketsThingvellir National Park Tours & TicketsReykjadalur Hot Spring Thermal River Tours & TicketsSkarfabakki Cruise Terminal Tours & TicketsHveragerdi Tours & TicketsÁrbaer Open Air Museum (Árbaejarsafn) Tours & TicketsImagine Peace Tower Tours & TicketsReykjanes Peninsula Tours & TicketsStrokkur Tours & TicketsLandmannalaugar Tours & TicketsSaga Museum Tours & TicketsViking World Tours & TicketsThor's Woods (Thórsmörk) Tours & TicketsVolcano House Tours & TicketsSilfra Fissure Tours & TicketsSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin) Tours & TicketsThrihnukagigur Volcano Tours & TicketsSkaftafell National Park Tours & TicketsSkogar Museum Tours & TicketsHafnarfjordur Tours & Tickets