- Sample the unique food culture of Pune on a culinary walking tour with a small group
- Taste local delicacies like ‘mawa’ cakes, mango ‘mastani,’ ‘wada paw,’ and wine biscuits
- Visit famous Pune businesses like Kayani Bakery and Dorajbee
- Small group trip is limited to a maximum of 15 guests
- Food tastings at own expense allows guests to choose only what they want to eat
- Morning and afternoon departure options
Departure & Return
Please meet at - Barista Lavazza cafe Address: Shop No. 1, Sterling Center, Opposite Arora Towers, M.G. Road, Pune, Maharashtra 411001 (At Ambedkar Putla Chwok near West-end cinema)
What To Expect
Make your first tasting stop of the day at a local bazaar, offering the perfect introduction to the wide variety of unique delicacies available in the city. Then continue to Marz-o-rin, housed in a historic building that dates back more than a century. It’s great chance to learn more about an establishment famous for being one of Pune’s very first fast food eateries.
Proceed from Marz-o-rin to Kayani Bakery, where you’ll have the chance to sample their renowned Shrewsbury biscuits. Wash your biscuit down by heading to Bunn Maska for a cup of typical Indian-style ‘chai’ tea. If a cold drink is more your style, not to worry: you’ll have a chance to sample Ardeshir’s cold drinks, one of Pune’s best-known soft drink companies.
Try to find more space in your stomach as you make your next stop to try ‘Vada pav,’ an Indian-style “hamburger” composed of fried potatoes and chutney in between slices of bread. You’ll make two more stops to finish the trip, including a visit to Dorajbee, a 134-year-old restaurant, and Badshah, where you can sample their ‘Faluda’ (a milk-based dessert).
You’ll leave your culinary-themed walking tour with a full stomach as your guide helps you find a taxi or tuk-tuk back to your preferred destination.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress modestly and ensure you have adequate sun protection
- This tour does involve a moderate amount of walking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY City Tours India
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized