- Honolulu forest-bathing experience
- Tour the Lyon Arboretum with this mindful practice
- Easy stroll suitable for all levels—walking sticks available upon request
- Snack, tea, and forest-bathing guide included
Departure & Return
Take Manoa Rd to the very end (past Treetops Restaurant & its paid parking lot for those going to Manoa Falls). At the end of the road, you'll see a sign marking the Manoa Falls trailhead. Immediately to the left is the Lyon Arboretum front gate --your guide will meet you there.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Arboretum's gate is only open for entry 8:45-9:15am, and exit 10:45-11:15. Please arrive at the gate around 8:45am. Walk starts at 9. No refunds for late arrival (after gate closure at 9:15). We will end around 11am, allowing you enough time to leave by 11:15.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 16 years; however, private tours can be arranged for families (advance notice required)
- A small amount of walking is involved (less than a mile)
- Trails are well-maintained, but there are some slight elevation changes, and due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in most weather conditions, please be prepared with a rain jacket or poncho. Tour will be canceled in case of heavy storms or other unsafe conditions.
- At all times of the year, recommend light-weight long-sleeved shirt and long pants, covered shoes with good traction, hat, and sunglasses.
- Additionally, please bring and apply your own insect repellant, sunscreen, and hand sanitizing product..
- A casual backpack to carry your water bottle and the above supplies will help keep your hands free.
- Please inform you guide in advance of any allergies or medical conditions that may arise.
- Required signature of Forest Bathing Hawai'i's liabilty waiver, found at bit.ly/fbhiwaiver2020. Sign before 12 hours in advance of start time.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Participants must bring and wear their own cloth facial covering while on the Arboretum grounds.
- Not sick with COVID-19 or any other communicable disease within the last 15 days.
- Not tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 15 days.
- Not feeling well in the days prior to or the day of the walk; i.e. fever, dry cough, fatigue.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Forest Bathing Hawai‘i
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands