- Take in the scenery and landmarks while riding from Waikiki to Diamond Head
- Switch from bike to hike to reach the top of Diamond Head
- Get tips from the local guide for great places that you can visit on your own
- Includes lunch, snacks, bike equipment, and entrance fees
Departure & Return
Under the large Banyan Tree / Hula Mound area on Waikiki beach. This area is in the center of Waikiki on the famous Waikiki Beach, There is the Duke Kahanamoku Statue with a large Surfboard next to the Banyan tree aprox 50 meters away.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Follow your guide to Kapiolani Park and the WWI Natatorium Memorial, where native Hawaiian Duke Kahanamoku and others trained for the Olympics. Then visit a hidden green-sand beach near Diamond Head and pedal past hulking mansions.
From there, a short ascent takes you to the Diamond Head Light House Lookout. Continue to Doris Duke’s Shangri-La in the exclusive Black Point neighborhood, and pass the Hawaii Five-O TV studios.
Next, head into the Diamond Head Crater for a hike. Get great photo ops of Oahu’s south and east facing shores, and hear about the island's World War II history. After your hike, it's time to relax over a healthy lunch. Your tour ends in Waikiki.
This tour is recommended for people with a good level of fitness and biking experience. Expect a bike ride that covers a total of 9-12 miles (14-19 km) with some hilly terrain. You'll also hike on foot to the top of Diamond Head.
Please note: Between June 15th, 2019 and August 31st, 2019. this tour operates Monday through Friday due to the huge crowds that visit Diamond Head volcano on the weekends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide with translation technology.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Bike Tour Hawaii
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I highly recommend this excursion for individuals who want to see Hawaii with a beautiful bike ride up to Diamond Head." See review
- "It was a Bit challenging , but so worth it !" See review
- "Climb to Diamond Head was worth it for the awesome views and with a guide to explain all the sites we could see made it much more interesting." See review