- Private Little Adam’s Peak and Nine Arches guided hike from Ella
- Walk through tea plantations to the top of Little Adam’s Peak
- Soak in the stunning views over the central highlands
- Hike through woodland and across the famous Nine Arches rail viaduct
- Trek to Demodara station with its British-built station house and see its famous looping track
- Stop for breakfast (own expense) at food stalls or a local hotel, or bring your own snacks
- Relatively easy-level hike with personalized attention from a private guide
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start with a round-trip hike up Little Adam’s Peak. This verdant 3,743-foot (1,141-meter) hill is named after the bigger, similarly shaped Adam’s Peak — Sri Lanka’s fifth highest mountain.
Ascend through the emerald tea plantations, and at the top, admire the spectacular, far-reaching views — at their best during morning — over the island's central highlands and tea plantations.
After descending, enjoy your packed breakfast or refreshments (own expense) from the local stalls, or choose to eat (own expense) at the nearby 98 Acres resort.
Next, take an approximately walk through woodlands to the famous Nine Arches Bridge, a British colonial-era viaduct standing 100 feet (30.5 meters) high.
Walk across this rail bridge and uncover its history as you absorb the beautiful surroundings. Then, follow the rail line to Demodara railway station, home to a charming British-built station house.
See how the track loops back through an under-station tunnel here and learn why it was designed this way. Your tour then concludes here when your guide departs.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hats and comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lakpura LLC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Trek to Little Adam's Peak and Nine Arches Bridge In Ella.