2 to 3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Witness a different side of New Orleans’s history on a visit to the dynamic National WWII Museum. While away the hours exploring wartime artifacts and discovering fascinating facts and histories at this world-class museum — considered one of the top museums in the nation!
- General Admission ticket to The National WWII Museum
- The Museum features interactive exhibits, soaring aircraft, personal histories, and more.
- Take a train car experience and learn about the plight of WWII soldiers
- Enjoy a simulator experience on the Final Mission: USS Tang Submarine Experience
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drinks (own expense)
Beyond all Boundaries (4-d) and Final Mission
What To Expect
Journey through time to WWII — the war that changed the world — with a visit to New Orleans’ National WWII Museum. Make your way to the museum and skip the line with your entrance ticket. Upon entering the Louisiana Memorial Pavilion, explore its multiple exhibits featuring D-Day and Home Front histories and view an authentic C-47, or hop aboard the mini-train to learn how to activate your dog tag experience. The train is a lasting symbol of military transit of the wartime era. As you take the train car experience, imagine the plight of WWII soldiers as they went to war. Go across the 2nd-floor walkway to the Campaigns of Courage collection, where you get the American soldier’s eye-view of the war through 360-degree displays of key settings and dog tag stations with story points. Continue to the US Freedom Pavilion for a rare look at preserved war machines and a sobering walk through the galleries that honor American servicemen. Don’t leave without participating in the Final Mission: USS Tang Submarine Experience, a thrilling interactive tour one of the most successful WWII submarines (additional cost).Next head to the Solomon Victory Theater to view Beyond All Boundaries, an epic 4D wartime documentary produced by Tom Hanks (additional cost). Relax and enjoy the approximate 50-minute showing that includes first-hand accounts of life in battle and on the home front. Explore the museum at your own pace, stopping to browse genuine artifacts, engage in savvy interactive displays, remember fallen soldiers and take needed snack breaks (own expense) in the American Sector Restaurant or the Soda Shop.
Head inside The National WWII Museum with your general admission ticket and start exploring the captivating exhibition space at leisure. The Museum tells the story of the American Experience in the war that changed the world—why it was fought, how it was won, and what it means today—so that all generations will understand the price of freedom and be inspired by what they learn. Guaranteed to move and educate, The National WWII Museum features interactive exhibits, soaring aircraft, personal histories, and more. The heart of the Museum experience, Campaigns of Courage: European and Pacific Theaters brings visitors inside the story of how the war was won. Two immersive exhibitions—Road to Berlin: European Theater Galleries and Road to Tokyo: Pacific Theater Galleries—feature environmental exhibits that guide visitors chronologically through the narrative of each theater of combat, using a sophisticated mix of set design, narrated and environmental videos, period newsreels, interactive oral-history kiosks, personal and digital artifacts, and dynamic displays for a uniquely evocative experience. How long you spend inside the museum is up to you! If you are hungry or simply want a break from exploring the exhibits, visit the on-site American Sector Restaurant + Bar and take a step back in time in BB’s Stage Door Canteen, a 1940s-style entertainment venue that showcases the music and performers of the war years. Food and drinks are at your own expense.
Admission Ticket Free
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- OPERATED BY National WWII Museum
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The National WWII Museum Campus Pass Ticket New Orleans?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during The National WWII Museum Campus Pass Ticket New Orleans?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during The National WWII Museum Campus Pass Ticket New Orleans?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The National WWII Museum Campus Pass Ticket New Orleans?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The Beyond Boundaries film which costs EXTRA is worth the visit by itself however." See review
- "Watch the Tom Hanks and experience the submarine dive (extra cost), these add to the experience." See review
- "Along the way you can tap the desígnated screen to get more information about the person you are following ." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
The National WWII Museum Campus Pass Ticket New Orleans
2 to 3 hours
1 day 7 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesNew OrleansAttractions & Museums - LouisianaMuseum Tickets & Passes - LouisianaAttractions & Museums - Orange BeachMuseum Tickets & Passes - Orange BeachAttractions & Museums - DestinMuseum Tickets & Passes - DestinCategory
New Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA)Backstreet Cultural MuseumCourt of Two SistersNew Orleans Pharmacy MuseumOld Ursuline ConventMusical Legends ParkHard Rock Cafe New OrleansNapoleon HouseDegas HouseLouisiana Children's Museum (LCM)Laura PlantationMercedes-Benz SuperdomeAudubon Park1850 HouseSydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture GardenNew Orleans City ParkSt. Joseph PlantationFaubourg MarignyCabildoWhitney Plantation Museum