- Walking tour of New Orleans original cocktails
- Discover the history of renowned libations, including the Sazerac and Pimm’s Cup
- Visit the oldest restaurant in New Orleans, and its wine cellar and private dining area
- Enjoy a view of New Orleans through its history of fine dining and drinking.
- This tour has been featured on The Travel Channel
Departure & Return
Gray Line Lighthouse on the Steamboat NATCHEZ dock (Toulouse Street at the Mississippi River)
What To Expect
En route to the first bar, check out the distinctive local architecture. You’ll see French‐ and Spanish‐inspired buildings, gorgeous Creole townhouses and intimate courtyards – some of which offer a great space for imbibing and mingling. At each legendary venue, admire the mixology of notable bartenders and learn the origins and truths of centuries‐old cocktails from your guide. Any of the featured southern drinks are available for purchase, so treat yourself to a Sazerac (or two).
Your tour also includes a stop in at Antoine's Restaurant, the oldest family restaurant in New Orleans, and tour its historic private dining rooms and collection of Mardi Gras memorabilia before returning to the starting point, where your excursion ends. You’ll finish with plenty of time (and insider information) to continue the fun with your own self‐guided drinks and eats tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels.
- Due to the historic nature of the tour, some venues are not accessible to guests traveling in wheelchairs. Special arrangements can be made with your tour guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line New Orleans
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "While we drank at every location, it was very optional, and this would be an amazing tour even without the delicious beverages." See review