- Guided tour with admission to Laura Plantation
- Follow your knowledgeable guide through the plantation’s main house, slave quarters and gardens
- Admire the Creole-style raised maison principale (main house), built in 1805
- Learn about the Creole culture that thrived in Louisiana for more than 200 years
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
YOU must drive yourself to the plantation. Ticket does not include transportation to/from the plantation. Do not take taxis, Uber or Lyft. If you take one of these services you will not find one to take you back to city. Plantation is located in a rural area.
What To Expect
Once you arrive, follow a knowledgeable guide on a tour of the plantation’s furnished, 24,000-square-foot (7,315-square-meter) mansion, slave quarters, intricate gardens and sugar fields. Learn about the French-descended Duparc family who founded in the plantation in 1804. Much of what is known about the plantation’s inhabitants is gathered from the memoir of fourth-generation family member Laura Locoul, in addition to records discovered in the French National Archive.
The honest and informative tour takes a close look at the various personalities of the plantation owners, plus the unique influences of the Creole culture that thrived in Louisiana for more than 200 years. After your tour, you can continue exploring independently with a visit to other plantations along the Great River Road.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Good walking shoes suggested
- A portion of the tour takes place outdoors
- Only the ground floor of the main house is ADA accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Tour is offered in French 1pm
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Laura Plantation
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms