4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Trade in the urban bustle for the bayou on a half-day trip from New Orleans to the wilds of the Honey Island Swamp. Relax on the ride from your downtown or French Quarter hotel, and then cruise beneath hanging moss and cypress trees while a wetland ecologist shares tall tales and fun facts about this protected nature reserve on the shores of Lake Ponchartrain. Learn about Louisiana’s long-standing fishing industry, and keep an eye out for native critters like otters, turtles, egrets, and alligators lurking beneath the surface.
- Half-day tour to Honey Island Swamp from New Orleans
- Take a narrated boat tour through this protected nature reserve on the shores of Lake Ponchartrain
- Experience real Louisiana swampland practically unchanged by time
- Spot native swamp creatures like otters, turtles, egrets, and alligators
- Learn about the unique ecosystem from a wetland ecologist
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off from downtown or French Quarter hotels
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
Professional local guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Round-trip shared transfer
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Only picks up from French Quarter Hotels. Please reconfirm pickup with local operator after booking.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- PLEASE PROVIDE THE HOTEL NAME AND ADDRESS IN THE “SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS.” RESERVATIONS WITHOUT HOTEL NAME AND ADDRESS CANNOT BE CONFIRMED
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- No heaith restrictions, all can enjoy experence.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- OPERATED BY Honey Island Swamp Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Honey Island Swamp Tour with Pickup from New Orleans?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Honey Island Swamp Tour with Pickup from New Orleans?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Honey Island Swamp Tour with Pickup from New Orleans?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Great weather, no alligators this time of the year, but pigs, racons, birds,, are all there waiting for you to meet." See review
- "We had a great time and I would highly recommend this tour for everyone." See review
- "Even in a thunderstorm the beauty of the bayou was worth the cold wet ride." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Honey Island Swamp Tour with Pickup from New Orleans
3 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWater ToursEco ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingNew OrleansNature and Wildlife - LouisianaWater Tours - LouisianaEco Tours - LouisianaHalf-day Tours - LouisianaNature and Wildlife - Orange BeachWater Tours - Orange BeachEco Tours - Orange BeachHalf-day Tours - Orange BeachNature and Wildlife - DestinWater Tours - DestinEco Tours - DestinHalf-day Tours - DestinCategory
Audubon Nature Institute Tours & TicketsDegas House Tours & TicketsFrenchmen Street Tours & TicketsSydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden Tours & TicketsPreservation Hall Tours & TicketsNational WWII Museum Tours & TicketsBackstreet Cultural Museum Tours & TicketsSt. Louis Cemetery No. 1 Tours & TicketsAudubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium Tours & TicketsHard Rock Cafe New Orleans Tours & TicketsAudubon Aquarium of the Americas Tours & TicketsSan Francisco Plantation Tours & TicketsMercedes-Benz Superdome Tours & TicketsOld Ursuline Convent Tours & TicketsLouis Armstrong Park Tours & TicketsFaubourg Marigny Tours & TicketsLake Pontchartrain Tours & TicketsAudubon Park Tours & TicketsRoyal Street Tours & TicketsLongue Vue House and Gardens Tours & Tickets