- Full-day experience with the Masai tribes people of the Ngong Hills
- Proceeds support a local non-profit
- Learn Masai song, dance, and jewelry-making
- Includes drop-off at your Nairobi hotel
Departure & Return
Kenya Comfort Suites, Junction of Jakaya Kikwete and Ralph Bunche Roads, Nairobi.
At your hotel in Nairobi
What To Expect
Once you arrive, meet your guides, two Masai tribeswomen who learned traditional Masai jewelry-making from their grandmother. Take a seat in the shade under the acacia trees among the hills and let the women guide you in making your own traditional wristband. Learn about the specific color codes used in Masai jewelry and take your bracelet home for a souvenir. You also have a chance to see and participate in traditional Masai dancing and singing.
Return to Nairobi for a drop-off at your hotel.
This tour is run by One Horizon Africa, a non-profit organization dedicated to alleviating poverty in Kenya and South Africa that holds no religious or political affiliations.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear casual, light clothing.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour is run in partnership with One Horizon Africa, a non-profit organisation dedicated to alleviating poverty in Kenya and South Africa. You can feel good knowing that all net proceeds of this tour go to One Horizon Africa.
- Participating in this tour is a way to help preserve the Maasai culture. By experiencing traditional dancing, singing, and jewellery making, you are keeping Masai traditions alive that have been passed down for generations.
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures Kenya
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Within a hour of Nairobi on good roads.. a real plus!" See review