- Kiambethu Tea Farm tour from Nairobi
- Discover Kenya’s tea growing heritage during a tour of the Kiambethu plantation
- Learn how to prepare the tealeaves and sample freshly brewed Kenyan tea
- Tuck into a delicious 3-course lunch overlooking the Ngong Hills
- Great-value tour includes lunch, hotel pickup, and round-trip transport
- Private tour ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
On arrival at the Kiambethu Tea Farm, follow your guide on a walking tour of the plantation. Hear the history of the farm, which was set up by AB McDonell in 1910 and is still run by the same family, then learn more about the growing, picking, and processing of the tea leaves. As you explore the farm, keep a look out for exotic birds and Colobus monkeys.
Back at the farmhouse, take a seat on the verandah, looking out over the tea fields and the distant Ngong Hills, and sample the freshly brewed tea for yourself. Finally, tuck into a delicious 3-course buffet lunch, all made with produce fresh from the farm.
On return to Nairobi, your tour ends with afternoon drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY PERFECT WILDERNESS TOURS AND SAFARIS
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms