5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Join a local for a private tour of the Kibera slum area, setting out on foot to learn about life in the Nairobi neighborhood. Exploring with a private guide is a great way to get more out of your time in Kibera—and to ensure your visit is respectful of local culture—as you discover the challenges that locals face and the unique ways they’re working to improve living conditions.
- Kibera walking tour includes a community school visit
- Chance to shop for local handicrafts where they’re produced
- Travel to Kibera in the comfort of a private car
- Convenient pickup and drop-off at Nairobi hotels
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Round-trip private transfer
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
homes and apartments
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY KENYA BUSH EXPEDITIONS TOURS AND TRAVEL
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Kibera Slums Half-Day Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Kibera Slums Half-Day Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Kibera Slums Half-Day Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Kibera Slums Half-Day Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Kibera Slums Half-Day Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingNairobiBus Tours - ArushaWalking Tours - ArushaHistorical Tours - ArushaHalf-day Tours - ArushaBus Tours - MoshiWalking Tours - MoshiHistorical Tours - MoshiHalf-day Tours - MoshiBus Tours - MombasaWalking Tours - MombasaHistorical Tours - MombasaHalf-day Tours - MombasaCategory
August 7th Memorial Park Tours & TicketsUhuru Gardens Memorial Park Tours & TicketsKenya National Archives Tours & TicketsKenyatta International Convention Centre Tours & TicketsKibera Tours & TicketsNairobi National Museum Tours & TicketsSheldrick Wildlife Trust Tours & TicketsOl Pejeta Conservancy Tours & TicketsHell's Gate National Park Tours & TicketsJamia Mosque Tours & Tickets