Explore our promoted experiences
- Private market visit and home cooking class and lunch in Mumbai
- Learn about Gujarati cuisine from a home cook
- Shop at Crawford Market for fresh, local ingredients
- Visit the cook’s apartment to make vegetarian classics like 'shrikhand' (yoghurt dish) and sweet 'daal' (lentils)
- Savor your creations served on a silver 'thali' platter
- All ingredients included, plus non-alcoholic beverages
- A private tour ensures personalized attention
Departure & Return
Please meet your host Pallavi at her home in Nariman Point (South Mumbai) neighborhood of Mumbai. Exact address can be found in your ticket upon booking confirmation.
What To Expect
As you chat, hear how Pallavi, who will be wearing a traditional sari, was taught to cook by her family and the family’s maharaj (cook). Then, visit the famous Crawford Market for ingredients to use in your meal. Peruse the fruit, vegetable, and homeware stalls of this vast marketplace, and shop for fresh local produce.
Return to the apartment kitchen and meet the maharaj, who, alongside Pallavi, will host your class. Learn to make shrikhand (sweet yoghurt dish), puris, and a sweet daal. You might also create baingan bhartha (roasted eggplant, onions, and tomatoes), bajra roti (millet flatbread), aloo and gobi sabzi (stir-fried potato and cauliflower), and other vegetable specialties.
When everything's ready, savor your creations served on a silver thali platter — the true royal treatment. Get additional culinary tips and learn about everyday life in Mumbai from Pallavi as you eat.
Lastly, take your leave with a full stomach, new recipe ideas, and a new friend in Mumbai.
Please note: Pallavi only cooks vegetarian food and does not serve alcohol. This is not a professional cooking class, but rather a cooking, dining, and cultural experience in the home of a local person.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This host only serves vegetarian food
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff