3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Learn how to cook a number of delicious Tanzanian dishes within a welcoming, homey environment with this private cooking class. Following pickup directly from your Moshi hotel, head to your host family’s mud house. Over the course of several hours, you’ll help your instructors prepare ugali (a traditional cornmeal dish), dishes made from green bananas or millet and coconut, meat stews, and more. At the end of class, enjoy your feast together, followed up by peanut brittle for dessert.
- Learn about traditional Tanzanian cuisine, and make several dishes
- A private tour offers a fully personalized cooking class experience
- Cook alongside a local family in their traditional mud house
- Enjoy a hearty meal after your class, plus drinks and dessert
Saved to wishlist!
Uji with tamarind and black pepper
or Fried bananas and cassava with pili pili (hot) sauce
Ugali with beef stew or vegetable soup or Mtori (banana stew)
Kahawa and Kashata (coffee and peanut brittle)
(made from fermented bananas and grains...if you're a Kombucha fan, you'll love it!)
Private cooking class with your host Marissa
Transfers are included for city hotels (for airport/airport hotel transfers, there is an extra cost)
On days Marissa is not available, her husband William and his mother will be your host
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Traditional Tanzanian Cooking Class in Moshi with a Local Family?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Traditional Tanzanian Cooking Class in Moshi with a Local Family?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Traditional Tanzanian Cooking Class in Moshi with a Local Family?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Traditional Tanzanian Cooking Class in Moshi with a Local Family?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Traditional Tanzanian Cooking Class in Moshi with a Local Family
3 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeMoshiCooking Classes - KilimanjaroCooking Classes - ArushaCooking Classes - NairobiCategory