5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Visit a local home for a private cooking class that starts with a trip to the market to see the fresh ingredients at the heart of Tanzanian cuisine. Next, head to your hosts’ mud house to grate coconuts and use a wood fire to prepare ‘ugali,’ a cornmeal dish. Join the whole family to enjoy the meal on benches outside the house, eating ugali with peanut brittle and homemade alcohol.
- Private cooking class ensures personalized experience
- Try a home-cooked meal with drinks
- Experience a slice of daily life in a Moshi household
- Convenient pickup and drop-off at your Moshi hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Uji with tamarind and black pepper
or Fried bananas and cassava with pili pili (hot) sauce
Ugali with beef stew or vegetable soup or Mtori (banana stew)
Kahawa and Kashata (coffee and peanut brittle)
(made from fermented bananas and grains...if you're a Kombucha fan, you'll love it!)
Private market visit and cooking class with your host Marissa
Vegetarian and halal meals are available upon request
Transfers are included for city hotels (for airport/airport hotel transfers, there is an extra cost)
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Market Tour and Tanzanian Cooking Class in Moshi?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Market Tour and Tanzanian Cooking Class in Moshi?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Private Market Tour and Tanzanian Cooking Class in Moshi?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Market Tour and Tanzanian Cooking Class in Moshi?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "I thought climbing Kilimanjaro was harder but who knew cooking traditional method takes a lot of muscle strength!" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Market Tour and Tanzanian Cooking Class in Moshi
5 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeMoshiCooking Classes - KilimanjaroCooking Classes - ArushaCooking Classes - NairobiCategory