Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Learn about the beginning of Fado, a unique Portuguese musical genre, from your expert guide
- Walk through Lisbon's Graça and Alfama districts
- Enjoy typical Portuguese finger food and local delicacies like "Pataniscas".
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures personalized attention from your guide
- Live performance in two different Fado houses.
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Tour starts next to the Museum of Fado, in Mouraria district. End point: Tour ends around 9.30 PM. Customers can choose whether they remain at the final stop/restaurant or the guide will walk them to a taxi stop or other mean of transportation.
The tour ends at the restaurant where dinner and the fado live music will take place.
What To Expect
Currently, Fado is considered part of UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage. It is more than just a genre, it is a way of feeling and the sung expression of the Portuguese soul.
You will pass by historical neighborhoods such as Bairro Alto, Alfama and Mouraria, to learn more about the traditional aspects of life, so you can get a feel of the city like a true local, a ‘Lisboeta’! Along the tour you will try a variety of food samples and wines and get to see real live performances from ‘fadistas’ alongside the traditional sound of the Portuguese guitar.
We’ll start in Bairro Alto, one of the most traditional areas to enjoy Fado in Lisbon. Here you’ll have some food samples and a glampse on the Fado music gender. Afterwards, we’ll walk towards downtown and go through the Mouraria, one of the most traditional districts in Lisbon, where according to the traditions, the first lady who sang the Fado for the first time was born: Severa. Feel the Mozarabian district and it’s narrow and full of charm streets. Here you’ll have a cultural insight about this music gender and some more food and drink samplings. We’ll finish this tour with a beautiful walking around the castle hill towards Alfama, where we’ll finish the tour and have a diversified food sampling along with a Fado Show. You’ll feel like a true Lisboeta.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please be reminded that there may be more than one language spoken during the tour (max. two languages).
- English, Spanish and Portuguese are available all year round. French and Italian ONLY ON REQUEST (according to availability).
- A CONSIDERABLE amount of walking is involved. Not recommended for people with back problems, heart condition and mobility handicap.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- In case of adverse weather conditions (e. g. heavy rain), the tour can be cancelled, without prior notice. Refund will be given in these cases.
- It is not recommended to bring children below age 6 (during musical performances, it is required to be totally silent, including pausing from eating)
- There's no special dress code, although it's recommended not to bring slippers or beachwear. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Cooltours (Lisbon)
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- "Very good combination of music, artistic performance and good food :) Highly recommended for families, couples and friends" See review