- Learn about traditional Rwandan construction methods with a local family
- Discover techniques for brick making and fashioning rope from banana trees
- Enjoy a simple but tasty lunch of cassava and beans, plus lively conversation with your hosts
- Apply your new building skills to help your host build a structure like an animal shelter, fence or house
Departure & Return
Coming from Kigali as you enter Muhanga/Gitarama you will the prison on your left. After 30 metres there is a road forking off to your right; ignore this. Keep going on the main road about 100 metres further on the left hand-side of the road you will see the Azizi Life sign.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Azizi Life Experiences
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms