12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience the splendor of Pilanesberg National Park on a day trip from either Pretoria or Johannesburg. Set out on a safari through this popular game reserve, keeping an eye out for the park's 'Big Five' as well as impalas, cheetahs, hippos and crocodiles. The park is also known for its diverse bird life, which includes over 360 recorded species. Savor a delicious lunch at one of the onsite lodgings before returning mid-afternoon to your hotel.
- Day trip game drive of Pilanesberg National Park from either Johannesburg or Pretoria
- Search out Africa's 'Big Five' on an easy day-trip from the city
- Experience area wildlife such as impala and cheetah in its natural habitat
- Especially intriguing for bird-lovers, with more than 360 recorded species
- Great for families
- Includes a delicious lunch and all entry fees
Saved to wishlist!
A splendid lunch at Bakubung Lodge (With Open and Closed, Closed Safari Option)
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Closed Vehicle Safari Drive (With Closed, Open/Closed Safari Option)
Morning Open Vehicle Safari Drive 3 Hours Long (With full day Open and Open/Closed Safari option)
Afternoon Open Vehicle Safari Drive 2 Hours Long (With Full Day Open Safari Option)
Light Lunch at Pilanesberg Centre Restaurant (With Full Day Open Vehicle Safari Option)
Alcoholic drinks and drinks during lunch (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
All hotels and accommodation. We pick up anywhere from your hotel or guest house in Sandton, Rosebank, Johannesburg and Pretoria. Please specify your pickup location. We also pick up from air b&b as well as private locations.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- OPERATED BY Deeprift Ventours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Pilanesberg Safari Adventure from Johannesburg?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Pilanesberg Safari Adventure from Johannesburg?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Pilanesberg Safari Adventure from Johannesburg?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Pilanesberg Safari Adventure from Johannesburg?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Pilanesberg Safari Adventure from Johannesburg
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursNature and WildlifeSafarisExtremeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingJohannesburg4WD Tours - GautengSporting Events - GautengBus Tours - GautengNature and Wildlife - GautengSafaris - GautengExtreme - GautengFull-day Tours - Gauteng4WD Tours - PretoriaSporting Events - PretoriaBus Tours - PretoriaNature and Wildlife - PretoriaSafaris - PretoriaExtreme - PretoriaFull-day Tours - Pretoria4WD Tours - Port ElizabethSporting Events - Port ElizabethBus Tours - Port ElizabethNature and Wildlife - Port ElizabethSafaris - Port ElizabethExtreme - Port ElizabethFull-day Tours - Port ElizabethCategory
Satyagraha HouseJohannesburg ZooMuseum AfricaOrigins CentreWalter Sisulu National Botanical GardenNewtownNelson Mandela BridgeConstitution HillAha Lesedi Cultural VillagePilanesberg National ParkMontecasino Bird GardensWorkers' MuseumJohannesburg Botanical Gardens and Emmarentia DamHillbrow TowerJames Hall Museum of TransportCarlton CentreHartbeespoort Dam Old Fort Prison ComplexLiliesleafSAB World of Beer