7 to 8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get the most possible learning out of your visits to the Cradle of Humankind and Sterkfontein Cave. By traveling with a guide, you'll get the full picture of the remarkable fossil findings there and why the site is so important. Walk through Sterkfontein Caves to see the fossils of hominids such as Little Foot and Mrs. Ples, two of the greatest archaeological discoveries of our time.
- Learn about the fossil discoveries in the area through guided commentary
- Walking tour lets you get up close to excavated sites
- Learn much more on a guided tour than you would exploring on your own
- Access to the exhibits at the Maropeng Visitors Centre
Maropeng Cradle of Humankind and Sterkfontein cave this is world heritage site is fossil hominid sites of South Africa.<br/>Pickup included
Saved to wishlist!
All Fees and Taxes
A bottle of water
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Food and drinks
Food and drinks, other than the "value added offers" specified in your guidebook
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
we pick up from any hotel in johannesburg but not in Pretoria,we can only come and pick up in Pretoria if is private.
Hotels, Guest house, BNB and Residential
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- casual dress code
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Solly
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Maropeng Cradle of Humankind & Sterkfontein Cave Experience?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Maropeng Cradle of Humankind & Sterkfontein Cave Experience?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Maropeng Cradle of Humankind & Sterkfontein Cave Experience?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Maropeng Cradle of Humankind & Sterkfontein Cave Experience?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "On time pickup, safety trip, education, not recommend age under 7 go into cave because few tunnels very tiny a bit hard to pass through." See review
Product code: 9076P3
Compare Similar Experiences
Maropeng Cradle of Humankind & Sterkfontein Cave Experience
7 to 8 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursExtremeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsKid FriendlySightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingJohannesburg4WD Tours - GautengSporting Events - GautengBus Tours - GautengExtreme - GautengFull-day Tours - Gauteng4WD Tours - PretoriaSporting Events - PretoriaBus Tours - PretoriaExtreme - PretoriaFull-day Tours - Pretoria4WD Tours - Port ElizabethSporting Events - Port ElizabethBus Tours - Port ElizabethExtreme - Port ElizabethFull-day Tours - Port ElizabethCategory
Aha Lesedi Cultural VillageJohannesburg Botanical Gardens and Emmarentia DamRhino and Lion Nature ReserveMontecasino Bird GardensJames Hall Museum of TransportNelson Mandela BridgeWalter Sisulu National Botanical GardenWorkers' MuseumNewtownJohannesburg ZooHillbrow TowerMuseum AfricaOrigins CentreCarlton CentreSatyagraha HouseOld Fort Prison ComplexSAB World of BeerPilanesberg National ParkLiliesleafHartbeespoort Dam