1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
The finest way to explore Johannesburg safely, reliably and in comfort from the top deck of an open-top bus. Learn about the history of gold mining, hear stories of apartheid history and understand the triumph of modern Johannesburg while listening to the on-board audio commentary, available in 15 languages. This tour stops at all top sites in and around the Johannesburg allowing you to explore the economic powerhouse of Africa, easily and safely.
- Choose a 1- or 2-day ticket to suit your schedule and budget
- Make your own itinerary and explore Cape Town your way
- Headsets provided to hear the guide clearly in your language
- Flexibility to spend as much or little time at each stop as your wish
Saved to wishlist!
Audio commentary in 15 languages plus a kids channel (in English)
Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointYou may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Return DetailsYou may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- 1 or 2 Day valid tickets
- Dress code is smart casual, recommended to bring a hat
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY City Sightseeing South Africa
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Johannesburg?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Johannesburg?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Johannesburg?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Johannesburg?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The stops were reasonable distance, ever 30 minutes giving time to decide on getting off or continuing." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Johannesburg
60 to 90 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Hop on Hop OffTours & SightseeingJohannesburgHop on Hop Off - GautengHop on Hop Off - PretoriaHop on Hop Off - Port ElizabethCategory
Hillbrow TowerOld Fort Prison ComplexJohannesburg Botanical Gardens and Emmarentia DamHartbeespoort Dam SAB World of BeerCarlton CentreJames Hall Museum of TransportMontecasino Bird GardensConstitution HillNewtownLiliesleafSatyagraha HouseOrigins CentreWorkers' MuseumRhino and Lion Nature ReserveWalter Sisulu National Botanical GardenMandela HouseGold Reef City Nelson Mandela BridgeMuseum Africa