1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
The Lowcountry Sea Islands are famous for their rare horses, but it’s hard to catch them in the wild. This tour at the Coastal Discovery Museum lets you learn all about marsh tacky horses—directly descended from horses brought to the Lowcountry more than 500 years ago—and even meet two of them for yourself at a historic barn. Plus, you get access to the gorgeous grounds and exhibits at the museum to explore after the tour.
- Marsh tacky horses discovery tour on Hilton Head Island
- Learn about the horses that evolved on the Sea Islands
- Meet two marsh tacky horses housed in a historic barn
- Kid-friendly activity gets families outside
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please dress according to weather
- Children under 5 years old receive free admission
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Coastal Discovery Museum
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 69951P4
Compare Similar Experiences
Coastal Discovery Museum "Marsh Tacky Horse" Tour in Hilton Head
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeAttractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesHilton Head IslandNature and Wildlife - South CarolinaAttractions & Museums - South CarolinaMuseum Tickets & Passes - South CarolinaCategory