- 5-day Salkantay Trek and Machu Picchu, round-trip from Cusco
- Hike the Salkantay trail for four days with an expert guide
- Sleep under snow-capped Salkantay Mountain at Huayracpampa Lake
- Pass lush waterfalls en route to Santa Teresa in the Colcapampa District
- Climb from the town of Llucmabamba to Llactapata for views of Machu Picchu, and ride the rails to Aguas Calientes
- Small-group tour limited to 9 people ensures a personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Trek difficulty level is moderate
- It is recommended that your bring a: rain jacket, coat, sunscreen, hat, down sleeping bag and hiking shoes
- Note: hikers should have spent at least 2 to 3 days acclimatizing to the higher altitudes in the Cusco region prior to embarking on this trek
- Maximum of 9 passengers per tour
- Recommended travel is between April-November. The months of December-March are rainy season
- Please note: Poroy Station will be closed from 1st January to 30th April 2017. The Vistadome, Expedition and Executive trains will be departing from Ollataytambo or Pachar station, located approximately 1.5 hours from Cusco, during this period. Transfers to the stations from Cusco are included.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY VIPAC Travel
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.