3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Travel back in time to the 1920s, when Chicago was a prohibition era hub for lively speakeasies. Your guide, a local historian in period dress, will lead you through secret entrances to speakeasies once frequented by bank robbers and Chicago gangsters like Al Capone. Order prohibition era cocktails (additional cost) and listen to stories about bootlegging and racketeering in 1920s Chicago. Guests are welcome to come in period dress.
- Enter historic speakeasies via secret passages
- Hear the colorful stories behind Chicago’s Prohibition Era past
- Private tour led by professional local historian
- Convenient transport with hotel pick-up and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
Professional Historian Tour Guide
Luxury Private Transportation
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from your hotel or any other venue within the Chicagoland area. Please specify when booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Chicago Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Speakeasy Pub Crawl in Chicago with Local Historian?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Private Speakeasy Pub Crawl in Chicago with Local Historian?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Speakeasy Pub Crawl in Chicago with Local Historian?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Speakeasy Pub Crawl in Chicago with Local Historian
3 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChicagoBus Tours - IllinoisHistorical Tours - IllinoisHalf-day Tours - IllinoisBus Tours - NashvilleHistorical Tours - NashvilleHalf-day Tours - NashvilleBus Tours - DuluthHistorical Tours - DuluthHalf-day Tours - DuluthCategory
Tommy Gun's GarageArt Institute of ChicagoLEGOLAND® Discovery Center ChicagoHard Rock Cafe ChicagoMarina CityLincoln MonumentChicago TheatreMedieval Times ChicagoChicago Picasso (The Picasso)Tribune TowerThe Magnificent MileChicago ChinatownHouse of BluesMuseum of Science and IndustryUnited CenterNortherly Island Chicago Children's MuseumChicago Loop Biograph TheaterWrigley Building