- Visit one of America’s most historic cities
- Enjoy a walking tour of Downtown Charleston
- Visit many popular points of interest
- Learn about Charleston’s role in American history
- An educational and entertaining tour for the entire family
Departure & Return
Please meet your tour guide outside City Hall on the corner of Meeting St and Broad St at the "Four Corners of Law"
The end point will vary depending on the guide and the route taken, but will only be a few blocks away from the start and the guide will always walk you back to the start if requested.
What To Expect
Visit points of interest like the Old Exchange Building, South Carolina's most historic building and the Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon, a colonial building with a 300-year history featuring pirates, patriots and presidents alike.
Also, see the Pink House, one of the oldest buildings in South Carolina and the oldest building in Charleston; St. Michael's Episcopal Church, the oldest surviving religious structure in Charleston; the secluded, 1-block stretch of Philadelphia Alley — plus a plethora of historic homes, churches and other landmark locations.
Along the way, learn about Charleston’s pivotal role in American history, from the American Revolution to the Civil War and beyond.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Lowcountry Walking Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff