- 45-minute private Cape Peninsula helicopter flight from Cape Town
- Fly over Table Mountain, one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature
- Admire the rugged cliffs of Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope from every angle
- See Robben Island, the Twelve Apostles mountain range and the beautiful white beaches of Long Beach, Muizenberg and Hout Bay
- Look out for the penguin colony at Boulders Beach
- Watch as the landscape changes from sandy beaches to rocky coast lines to beautiful vineyards
Departure & Return
Cape Town Helicopters is situated at the V&A Waterfront Helipad, just behind the Table Bay hotel.
What To Expect
Fly along the Atlantic coastline, flanked by the Twelve Apostles mountains. Soar around Karbonkelberg Mountain and watch the terrain below you change from beaches to rocks and hidden bays as you head for the Cape Point Nature Reserve. The hills are covered with abundant plants and wildlife, and then at the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point those hills give way to rugged and rocky cliffs. Pass over the Cape Point lighthhouse and see how the ocean waves batter the rocks below.
From there, begin heading back up the peninsula toward Simon’s Town, an historic South African naval base. Nearby is Boulders Beach, with its resident colony of African penguins — keep your eye out for them as you fly overhead. Continue to the seaside resort communities of Muizenberg and Fish Hoek, and the dramatic scenery of False Bay.
Make your way back to Cape Town on the other side of the mountains for a different view than you had at the start of the trip. Pass over Constantia vineyards before alighting once again at the V&A Waterfront helipad.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants from 3 months to 1 year are permitted on board the helicopter provided they do not occupy a seat
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers 2 years old and above
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Helicopter tours may be shared with members of other parties; helicopters seat up to 6 people
- Seating allocation done according to weight and balance outcome prior to your flight
- Lockers supplied for excess baggage
- Personal cameras and mobile phones are allowed on board
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cape Town Helicopters
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms