- Follow your guide from the Arc de Triomf to El Born Cultural Center exploring Barcelona's tainted past
- Learn about the Spanish Inquisition and the seriousness of their actions
- Hear stories of 15th-century executions and other gruesome punishments
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
Departure & Return
The guide will be under the monumental arch wearing a bright green vest with the company's logo.
What To Expect
Understand what the Spanish Inquisition was, what they believed in, what methods they practiced, and how they affected the city and its people. Go further, and discover what types of executions took place in Barcelona and what public executions consisted of.
Other historical concepts you learn are what other medieval punishments happened at that time, how the development of cemeteries came about, and what the Acts of Faith of the Inquisition were. Get a chance to hear some of the city's really gnarly legends, along with the history.
Please note that because of the darker content of this tour, it isn’t recommended for children younger than 14 years of age.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 15 people per group
- The tour is not cancelled due to weather conditions so please bring an umbrella if it rains
- Not recommended for children younger than 14
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Runner Bean Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.