- 7-hour fishing and cockle tour from Bangkok
- Visit a traditional community by the sea
- Learn to tie dye and pick cockles
- Eat a home-cooked seafood lunch
- Travel by train and song taew
- Small-group tour
Departure & Return
We will be meeting at meeting point Wongwianyai BTS Station Exit 1
What To Expect
Upon arrival in Bang Khun Tian, catch a song taew, or open-sided truck ,to the farm, which is just a few miles from the sea. Start by meeting a shrimp and cockle farmer who will introduce you to his work. Next, use natural dyes and materials to make a tie dyed handkerchief that you can bring home as a souvenir of your day on the farm.
Pause for a seafood lunch prepared by a local family, then head to the boat pier for a tour of the canals. Paddle a kayak through the canals, and learn the basics of cockle picking, collecting small clams at the edge of the water. If you want to fine-tune your cockle picking skills, be sure to bring a change of clothes, because finding the best clams means hopping into the waist-deep, muddy water.
After you’ve dried off and cleaned up, you’ll hop a song taew back to the train station, and continue back to Bangkok with the guide. This tour concludes when you arrive at Wong Wian Yai BTS Station.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This tour is operated on private basis with an English-speaking guide only.
- Customers are required to transfer on own arrangement to the start of the experience; no transfers are included.
- This excursion does not include return transfers from and to your booked accommodation. Customers are requested to get to the meeting point well ahead in time of the starting time on own arrangement. Should customers prefer to have a pre-arranged transfer included, supplements apply.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.