- Mysore and Srirangapatna private day trip from Bangalore
- Admire the marvelous architecture of Mysore Palace
- Explore the ancient city of Srirangapatna and visit Tipu Sultan's Dariya Daulat Palace
- Hear royal family lore from your knowledgeable private guide
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant
- Private round-trip transport from your hotel included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Start your tour at Mysore Palace (Amba Vilas Palace). This impressive museum showcases royal costumes and paintings that were previously owned by the Wodeyars—a family that once called this iconic residence home. Learn about royalty who ruled Mysore for seven centuries from your local guide as you meander through the halls and galleries.
Wander the 3-story granite palace and marvel at its impressive pink marble domes and beautiful arches. Get an up-close look at the rosewood doorway inlayed with ivory that leads to the Ambavilasa hall. Marvel at the ornate mosaic floor and glass ceilings and check out the Indian ceremonial objects and European sculptures that are on display here. Listen as your guide explains the significance of the marriage hall (Kalyana Mantapa) where peacock motifs and geometric patterns decorate the eight-sided room. Your guide will point out unique the unique features of this Indo-Sacacenic architectural masterpiece, which blends elements of Hindu, Raiput, Muslim and gothic styles into a thing of beauty.
After working up an appetite, enjoy a typical Indian lunch at a local restaurant before your next destination.
Stop in the famed city of Srirangapatna. Located just outside of Mysore, this former state capital is home to the incredible Dariya Daulat Palace. Stretch your legs and explore the well-kept gardens of Daria Daulat Bagh, which surround this much-loved summer palace. Built in 1784, this beautiful and historically significant structure houses a museum dedicated to the sultan that’s filled with Persian manuscripts, European paintings, and other rare artifacts. Your professional guide explains the architectural features of this impressive space, which include pillars made of teakwood, frescoes of battle scenes, and wide-open corridors that are perfect for exploring.
Relax and unwind in air-conditioned comfort on the return trip to your Bangalore hotel. Your guide and driver can stop for dinner (at own expense) if hungry strikes on the way home.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees are recommended
- Taking photos while inside the Mysore Palace is prohibited
- Visitors must remove footwear prior to entering the Mysore Palace
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY GeTs Holidays
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff