10 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Saved to wishlist!
2018 high-range carbon mountain bike rental
2 bottle 500ml of mineral water for each client
Bike replacement in case of breakdown
Safe helmet provided
2 Escort Cars during the activity
Activities outside the travel program
Personal expenses and souvenirs
Soft drinks and other beverages
Visa for Tanzania
Departure & Return
Location Name: This biking and walking safari will take place in in Arusha, starting and ending. We will meet you at our office Safari Bike Africa or we will pick us up at your hotel at 09:00 am Location Address: 47 Serengeti Road. Arusha. Tanzania
Departure PointThis biking and walking safari will take place in in Arusha, starting and ending. We will meet you at our office Safari Bike Africa or we will pick us up at your hotel at 09:00 am
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- THE BEST MOUNTAIN BIKES FLEET OF AFRICA
- We have the most modern fleet. With 2017 models, top range, and the best brands.They are all made of carbon fiber, with different models of suspension and different size of wheels, to enjoy a unique experience.
- Before traveling to Tanzania, you must make an appointment at the International Vaccination Center of your city or go to your family doctor. The appointment at the International Vaccination Center can be made online.
- The recommended vaccines are: tetanus, typhoid fever, polio and hepatitis A. Prophylaxis against malaria is necessary. We recommend the use of insect repellents and proper clothing to prevent mosquito bites.
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate is required for travelers from countries at risk of transmission and travelers who have spent more than 12 hours at the airport of a risky country. Vaccination against yellow fever is not recommended in areas where the risk of exposure is low. The Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate is valid for life. Although we have not previously traveled to any country with risk of transmission, we will be required at the airport of Zanzibar when we finish the safari
- DO NOT FORGET
- Passport valid for at least 6 months. • International vaccination card and yellow fever vaccination certificate if you have previously visited an endemic country. •First-aid kit and medicines, the latter for travelers under medical treatment. Do not forget mosquito repellent or antimalarial prophylaxis. • Bring changed dollars in small bills from your home bank, so you won't have to pay the exchange house commission in Tanzania. They only accept dollar bills that have been printed no more than 10 years ago. Along the route, there are few banks and ATMs. We will inform about their availability the route. • Head-on torch to illuminate and move at night inside the camps. •Sunglasses with UV protection. •Sunscreen with a high degree of sun protection. •Very comfortable summer clothes, winter pants and jacket or fleece. A raincoat is also required.
- Quick-drying towel. •Sandals and sneakers. • Mobile phone, accessories and charger. • A good camera to shoot everything we'll see in this adventure. Do not forget extra batteries and memory cards. •Binoculars with which no animal could escape from sight. • Sleeping bag and small pillow for the nights in camps. •Food supplements to fight exhaustion, energetic bars and gels have a high concentration of calories and minerals. • Small backpack to carry personal effects during the route.
- DIFFICULTY We understand that not everyone has the same physical characteristics. Therefore, we have prepared each route and periodically inform about the level of difficulty involved. It is not the same taking a flat route, for example, than climbing the Kilimanjaro -although in the latter you will have a bicycle carrier in case you need it-
- People from all over the world come with an illusion, with goals and to overcome their challenges. If you don't have any by now, this is the best place in the world to get stronger by creating, inventing and fulfilling yourself.
- In Safari Bike Africa the safety of our customers comes first. Although we may think that a bike safari can be dangerous, it is not. The one by bike is the same as the popular safari on foot, where two rangers guard and guide us at all times.
- We do not have permission to ride our bicycles in each and every one of the parks. Bike safaris will be only made in the parks where the conditions are adequate and there is no danger of wild animals.
- We'll do our best to make you feel safe and put at your disposal all the security that is necessary for you to enjoy this great adventure. We are a specialized team. We also can count on the rangers as well as on our professional guides.
- Our goal is for the customer to enjoy and return on a second occasion to enjoy with us, so we have prepared and reinforced the basic safety rules. The customer does not have to worry about anything. Safety always goes first.
- The climate is tropical and the coastal areas are warm and wet. During the day the temperature is between 25ºC and 30ºC, descending at night to 10ºC. Its proximity to the tropics makes the sun's rays stronger, so we recommend taking precautions to not to get burnt while we are exposed to the sun.
- The rainy season is between April and May. Although it is called "heavy rains" due to its storms, these are not continuous and usually last only a few hours. Thanks to the fleet of Safari Bike Africa (trucks and Land Cruisers 4x4), there is no mud on the road that can stop us while visiting the area. It is a good time to enjoy green meadows and parks that are less visited by traditional tourists. For some, it is a special time to travel. The central plain is dry and arid. The northwest highlands are cooler and have a milder rainy season from November to December.
- It is recommended to wear appropriate clothes for this kind of weather. The tropical climate lasts all year round, although depending on the altitude (for example, in Ngorongoro Conservation Area, at 2000 m) we may need winter and waterproof clothes. At night the temperature can drop to 5ºC.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Safari Bike Africa, Ltd
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
1 day Walking and Bike Safari in Arusha National Park
1 day 10 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Self-guided Tours & RentalsBike RentalsWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportArushaSelf-guided Tours & Rentals - MoshiBike Rentals - MoshiSelf-guided Tours & Rentals - NairobiBike Rentals - NairobiSelf-guided Tours & Rentals - MombasaBike Rentals - MombasaCategory