Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Private 6-hour Ahmedabad highlights tour
- Choose to visit the Kite Museum or Veechar Utensil Museum
- Includes entrance fees and bottled water
- Private, air-conditioned transport, hotel pickup and drop-off, and personalized attention from a private guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Hop out at the Swaminarayan Akshardham, a 1992-built Hindu complex set around the pink-sandstone Akshardham Temple. Tour this spectacular temple, dedicated to Lord Swaminarayan before returning to Ahmedabad to see the Shaking Minarets of the 15th-century Sidi Bashir Mosque.
View these carved towers — learning how when one is shaken the other does the same — and then travel to the 18th-century Sidi Saiyed, one of Ahmedabad’s best-known mosques.
Marvel at the mosque’s extraordinary semi-circular windows (jalis) of delicate stone tracery, and then visit your choice of two museums – viewing the antique implements at the Veechar Utensil Museum or the beautiful kites at the Kite Museum.
Next, head for the Sabarmati Ashram, a former retreat of Mahatma Gandhi and hub of India's freedom movement. After exploring Gandhi’s well-preserved cottage of Hridaya Kunj here, head to the Hathee Singh Jain Temple.
Admire this elaborately carved temple, established by a Jain merchant in the 19th century, and finish with a stroll along the Sabarmati Promenade, a beautifully landscaped walkway alongside the Sabarmati River.
Your tour then concludes with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Delhi Airport Service
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.