Sorrel Weed House
There are a few different ways for visitors to explore Sorrel Weed House. Daytime tours cover the antebellum history of this Southern estate and its architectural details, while evening tours include stories of its ghostly residents. Those with a special interest in paranormal investigation can join a late-night tour to get their hands on paranormal investigation equipment, like an EMF detector, ambient temperature sensor, and geophone.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Sorrel Weed House is a must on any paranormal tour of this Southern city.
Reserve your tour ahead of time; some tours fill up early.
Don’t forget your camera to capture your own evidence of the paranormal.
How to Get There
The Sorrel Weed House sits on one side of Madison Square in the middle of Savannah's historic district. It's a stop on historic house tours during the day and ghost tours at night.
When to Get There
If you’re interested in the haunted history of the Sorrel Weed House, plan to visit during a nighttime ghost tour when the property’s creepy factor is at its highest. Families visiting with children should opt for daytime or early evening tours.
Other Attractions in Madison Square
Madison Square sits in the heart of historic Savannah, where there’s plenty of history on display. A bronze statue of Sergeant William Jasper sits in the middle of the square, which is flanked by historic structures, including the Green-Meldrim House museum and St. John’s Episcopal Church, built in 1853 in a Gothic Revival style.
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Gainesville
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in South Carolina
- Things to do in Florida
- Mercer Williams House Museum
- Gribble House Paranormal Experience
- Andrew Low House
- Temple Mickve Israel
- Historic Savannah Theatre
- Telfair Museums Jepson Center
- Savannah History Museum
- Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace
- Cathedral of St. John the Baptist
- Reynolds Square
- Savannah Historic District
- Massie Heritage Center
- Telfair Academy
- Owens-Thomas House
- American Prohibition Museum