Easily accessible from Orlando, the subtropical Florida Everglades offer a change of pace from the theme parks of Orlando. Combine an airboat safari through the wildlife-rich wilderness with other nearby sights for a full-day experience—here’s how.
Walt Disney World® Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park is the heart of Walt Disney World®. The iconic Cinderella's Castle is the park's centerpiece, surrounded by seven different magical lands. Pirates of the Caribbean, one of the most popular, takes passengers on an indoor boat ride through the dark and shadowy world of pirates, complete with snazzed-up special effects and a dash of Johnny Depp. The ride at Space Mountain hurtles you through the darkness of outer space, while over at Frontier Land, the wild and wooly America unfolds past cacti and hot-spring geysers.
Mickey's Toontown Fair and Fantasyland are a hit with smaller kids, as they can fly to Never Neverland, ride Dumbo the Flying Elephant, or travel around the globe by boat while singing “It’s A Small World.” Fireworks displays light up the sky nightly, and many nights end with a parade. At Tomorrowland, kids can discover a space-age science fiction-inspired community inhabited by humans, aliens, and robots. Unique shops and themed restaurants round out the attractions.
3111 World Drive, Orlando, 32830
Rides are the big draws here, from Pirates of the Caribbean®, one of the most popular, which takes passengers on an indoor boat ride through the dark and shadowy world of pirates to Space Mountain, which hurtles you through the darkness of outer space. For smaller visitors, Dumbo the Flying Elephant and it’s a small world® are classic hits.
If you want to make the most of your time at the park, and are willing to pay a premium, consider a private tour that will grant you your own devoted guide who can help you get through the park quickly and minimize the amount of time you spend waiting in lines.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Magic Kingdom® Park is a must-visit for families or anyone fond of classic Disney characters and experiences.
- Wear comfortable shoes and sunscreen and be prepared to wait in long lines.
- Many of the rides have lockers available, but it’s never a bad idea to travel light.
- The Disney Disney FastPass+ service allows you to pre-book your spot in line for up to three rides at a time, at no extra charge.
- The park is wheelchair- and stroller-friendly, as are many of the rides.
How to Get There
Walt Disney World® is easy to get to if you have your own car via Interstate-4, and individual destinations are well signposted. Disney resorts and official hotels offer unlimited free transportation via bus, monorail, ferry, or water taxi to all Disney properties. You can also take a public bus (line 50 or 56) operated by Orlando's LYNX system to the resort.
When to Get There
It should come as no surprise that the park is at its busiest when school isn’t in session, so expect long lines if you visit during summer vacation, spring break, or winter holidays. The best time to visit if you want to avoid crowds is midweek during the school year; arrive early in the day for the shortest lines for attractions.
Nearby Disney Parks
Orlando is a theme park destination, and Disney alone operates four theme parks plus two waterparks. Many visitors attempt to hit up all of them in just one trip. Along with Magic Kingdom® Park, there's Epcot®, which focuses on food and traditions around the world and offers plenty of food and drink options for adults. There's also Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, which focuses on the inspiration behind the big screen and Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, which has its own zoo.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Walt Disney World® Magic Kingdom Park?
What else should I know about attractions in Orlando?
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in Georgia
- International Drive
- WonderWorks Orlando
- SEA LIFE® Orlando
- The Wheel at Icon Park
- Icon Orlando 360
- Madame Tussauds Orlando
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Universal’s Volcano Bay
- I-Drive NASCAR Indoor Kart Racing
- The LEGO® Store Disney Springs
- Disney Springs™
- Planet Hollywood at Disney Springs™
- House of Blues Orlando
- Universal CityWalk