Lagoinha Beach (Praia de Lagoinha)
As with many beaches on the coast of Ceará, Lagoinha Beach offers a wealth of outdoor activities for beachgoers. Tour the area by buggy or on horseback, set sail on a traditional jangada, or simply sit and take in the beach’s gentle curve, which is dotted with coconut palms and sand dunes. Beyond the palm trees, you’ll also find streams and a freshwater lagoon. You can visit the beach on a full-day trip from Fortaleza, which typically includes convenient roundtrip transportation, a guide, and plenty of free time at the beach to do with as you wish.
Things to know before you go
- Lagoinha Beach is a good option for those looking for a quieter stretch of sand.
- Don’t forget to bring a towel, a change of clothes, and sun protection.
- Several restaurants along the beach specialize in seafood.
How to get there
Lagoinha Beach is 65 miles (104 kilometers) from Fortaleza, and the drive takes about an hour and 15 minutes. If you don’t have a rental car, the easiest way to get there is by taking a guided day trip from Fortaleza.
When to get there
The best time to visit the beach is during the dry season (August to December). While showers during the rainy season typically occur in the mornings and late evenings, humidity can be high. Trade winds for kitesurfers tend to be steady throughout the year, with stronger gusts between August and November.
Kitesurfing in Lagoinha
Steady trade winds make this stretch of Brazil’s coast one of the best spots in the world for kitesurfing and windsurfing. Schools along the beach offer lessons in the sport for visitors of all ability levels, though newbies might want to avoid coming between August and November when winds are stronger.
- Cumbuco Beach
- Ceará Tourism Center (Emcetur)
- José de Alencar Theater (Theatro José de Alencar)
- Nossa Senhora de Assuncao Fort
- Museum of Ceara (Museu do Ceará)
- Metropolitan Cathedral
- Fortaleza Central Market (Mercado Central de Fortaleza)
- Meireles Beach (Praia do Meireles)
- Futuro Beach (Praia do Futuro)
- Fortaleza Beach Park
- Trails Park (Parque das Trilhas)
- Morro Branco