Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain
Although the Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain is one of the lesser-known attractions in Bengaluru, it's worth a visit not only for its fantastic sound, light, and water show, but also for the people-watching—not to mention the unmatched cultural experience of listening to patriotic songs with hundreds of Indian guests. The fountain can make 15 formations using 27 different rhythmic combinations, so even if you’ve watched videos prior to your visit, you’ll likely be in for a surprise.
Things to Know Before You Go
This is an entertaining must-visit for families with children.
Bring an umbrella if you think it might rain, as the fountain is outdoors.
Arrive early to beat traffic and snag good seats.
The whole performance lasts just under 30 minutes.
How To Get There
Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain is located across from the Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium, a few minutes' walk northeast of Cubbon Park (where the closest metro station is situated). It's northeast of the main Bengaluru Railway Station, and while getting between the two usually only takes around 10 minutes, it can take significantly longer during the evening rush, so give yourself plenty of time.
When To Get There
Shows are held every day of the week (except for Monday) at 7 and 8pm, and the fountain is the most crowded on weekends. As it's an outdoor attraction, it's best visited outside of the rainy season, which starts in May and runs through October. On the other hand, if you don’t mind getting wet, the fountain still looks marvelous under rainfall.
The fountain was named after Indira Gandhi, India’s first (and only) female prime minister, who was in office when the fountain was constructed. A member of the Indian National Congress Party, she was the daughter of Jawaharlal Nehru, India's first and longest-serving prime minister, and she served twice, first in 1966–1977 and again from 1980 until her assassination in 1984.
- Things to do in Coimbatore
- Things to do in Pondicherry
- Things to do in Chennai
- Things to do in Thanjavur
- Things to do in Madurai
- Things to do in Kochi
- Things to do in Jaffna
- Things to do in Goa
- Things to do in Tuticorin
- Things to do in Anuradhapura
- Things to do in Mumbai
- Things to do in Tamil Nadu
- Things to do in Kerala
- Things to do in Sigiriya
- Things to do in Northern Sri Lanka
- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
- National Gallery of Modern Art
- Vidhana Soudha
- Sri Chamarajendra Park (Cubbon Park)
- Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath
- ISKCON Temple Bangalore (Sri Radha Krishna Temple)
- Fun World & Water World
- Ragigudda Sri Prasanna Anjaneya Temple
- Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace (Daria Daulat Bagh)
- Lalbagh Botanical Gardens
- Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace
- Bangalore Palace
- KR Market (Krishnarajendra City Market)
- Bannerghatta National Park
- Bangalore Fort (Kempegowda's Fort)